Thursday, August 8, 2013

My King and my God





My King and my God



Your Name is like perfume, poured out 
Draw me, and i will run after You, 
I will be glad and rejoice in You
I will remember Your love and favor

As i exalt You and rehearse Your virtues
I am drawn closer to You and You to me

You are the One my soul loves ... 
You are my Shepherd -
I find beauty and delight in You, my Lord

Until the day breaks and shadows flee away
I stay on Your mountain, worshipping You
Lord, i adore You

You strengthen me to handle difficult obstacles
To the amazement of those who watch
You are the source of my strength

May the fragrance of the spices of my garden
Catch the wind and refresh You - 
For i delight in You

You are the fairest of ten thousand
Your voice is sweet
And all that You are inspires me to love

Any beauty others see in me 
Is because of You
For You have crowned me with Your glory

You have captured my heart
And i have no desire to be freed 
From Your grasp

Up from the wilderness, I have leaned on You
You have set Your eyes on me 
To give me peace

I look to You for all my needs
You are my All in All

I am eager to keep Your company
You are my dwelling place



(selected verses from the Song of Solomon 1-8 ...
from: the Shunamite woman's desire for her Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated