Sunday, October 5, 2014

i know you say you love me, but ....

the other day, i was speaking with a staff member at the nursing home,
 where i've been staying the past seven months, and the topic of my
 "girlfriend" came up.  it was as though i had never mentioned her before
i saw the worker's face comprehend that i was NOT using the term as in
 "friend-girl", but was referring to my sweetheart, instead.

i think this is more common than i would like to imagine, that straight
people mistake our terminology (which is clear) for their own terminology,
which in comparison, is rather muddy !  i meant  "girlfriend" every time i
said it, but, up until now, she thought i meant "friend-girl".





WHY ???

i was always taught to say what i mean and mean what i say !!!

sadly, when the young lady realized what i was really saying, she
looked at me wide-eyed, visibly shuddered, and excused herself.
she has not so much as looked in my direction since that day !

so much for tolerance !

i know you say you love me, but ....


Lorna

TTFN
 (ta ta for now)


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated