Friday, June 28, 2013

Lord, i don't get it -

Lord,
i don't get it - 

how much You love me ...
then again, i do - for i am a parent, too - 
and it is a love like i have never known
... more than i thought myself capable of .

i find it difficult being separated from them, and from my granddaughters -
much like, i'm sure, it hurts Your heart when i neglect the fellowship, intimacy, comfort and strength You offer me ...

i watched a video of my eldest granddaughter today, and it made me cry. Why ? because it was beautiful, and i could see her heart - and how wholeheartedly she performed this service unto You.

i know that, except You have saved me and rescued my life -
this life could be unknown to her.


Thank You for my awesome children !

Thank You for saving me, so i could pass this life down to them,

and to all generations -



"Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God.
He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand
generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love
Him and obey His commands."   Deuteronomy 7:9

_____________________

am i a model Christian ? - who is to say ?
was i a perfect parent ? - doubtful !
is God a perfect God - a true Savior ? 
... indeed He is !

Thank You, Lord !