Sunday, August 11, 2013

MY TESTIMONY - "GOD - IF YOU'RE UP THERE ... I NEED HELP !"



The Lord has captivated my heart !



I came to the Lord on March 12, 1969, 
at the end of my junior year.  
A girl named Dawn (an underclassman) 
had befriended me, when i was doing a 
3-day-high ... taking speed (amphetamines) 
and drinking. 

She never preached to me, she just loved me 
and i KNEW she had something different.  
I was at an all-time-low.
I asked her:  

"what do you do?  you don't drink, 
you don't smoke, or party; you don't take drugs.  
I do all that just to get by".  

Her answer: 

"I guess I've got something 
you don't have".  

Even without her saying so - I knew it was God.  That night, still taking speed and drinking, I laid back on my bed and said :


 "GOD - IF YOU'RE UP THERE ...      I NEED HELP !"  

My room was filled with light, and i felt like someone was washing out my insides 
with hot, soapy water
... i didn't know about sin, per se - 
but coldness and hatred were washed away ... 







I felt a totally foreign phenomenon, 
which i now am able to call PEACE 
... but my tortured soul had never known it ! I slept that night, despite all the 'speed' in my system, and awoke a new being !

Over the next several years, i studied God's 
Word voraciously.  At last, i decided to stop nursing school, and attend Lee University to study Theology.  What was great about the
four-year experience, it was so much more 
than just academia.  

i led Bible Studies,worked on the reservations, traveled with a choir and ensemble, 
bringing people to Christ 
... i served in churches as a youth minister 
during the summers - and prepared myself 
not just for ministry, but for life !


The Lord has captivated my heart !  


And He knows, i have not always been faithful - 

But, HE always Has !

 ... All praise to the Lord !





































No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated