Wednesday, August 14, 2013

THE REST OF THE STORY - or, Part Two - My Testimony

On that night i testified about, when Jesus came into my room with a bright light, i was impaled to the bed, as i marveled at what was happening to me  (the washing i experienced)  Honestly, i had never known peace until that night.  it was so foreign to me !





i shared that i fell asleep that night, in spite of all the amphetamines in my body. What i did not share, but will here,  because God gets all the glory, is that as i laid there, with peace "flowing like a river"  i began to quietly speak in a language i did not understand,  i fell asleep doing this.  i didn't know what was happening to me, but i DIDN'T CARE !  i had been relieved from a great burden of guilt and SHAME, hatred and the coldness that showed in my eyes - were gone !  i had hope, and no longer sought to end my life !  SO WHAT, if i didn't understand -   it was wonderful !

when i told my boyfriend in the morning, as i got on the bus, "Jesus Christ saved me last night" (don't even know how i knew THAT was what had happened ?..) (they didn't preach like that at our church !)  he laughed and held out his hand, saying  "what pill bottle did you get that out of - give me some"  i didn't tell anyone else that day, not even Dawn, who had witnessed to me.  When i got home from school, my Mom was cooking dinner, and i immediately told her the same thing.  she said, "don't worry - it will wear off !"

another boy on the school bus that week was also a friend of Dawn's and he was the one who told her that i got saved !  She invited me to church that Sunday, and i went forward and made a public confession that i had, indeed, repented of my sins and received salvation through Jesus.  They were so wonderful - here i was, tall and thin, bedecked with leather necklaces and bells and chaIns, too much eye makeup and clothes that could NOT be called modest - but they just loved me and rejoiced with me that i was now FAMILY !!!

the next Sunday, i was baptized in water there.  a few months later, i heard someone speaking in tongues, and asked Dawn about it.  she was eager to share from the Scripture with me, but as she did, i shocked her by saying: that already happened to me that first night !  i just didn't know what to call it !



i know that is not the normative experience - but i'm sure Father knew it was necessary for the battle i was up against as i began to "work out my salvation with fear and trembling"

i've had well-meaning Christian groups try to talk me out of my experience -    
i have seen the gifts of the Spirit so misused and manipulated, that I tried to shut myself off from the working of the Spirit - but, how grateful am i, that He doesn't give up that easily ?!!
___________________________________________________

there are many more parts to this testimony, that i will share as the Spirit of God leads me.  it is NOT all about me - it is all about HIM !!!
____________________________________________________

If you're reading this, and you have never experienced inviting Jesus Christ into your life - that is what i live for - to those with ears to hear !  Pray right where you are, wait no longer, for God is waiting for you, right now.  your prayer does not have to be fancy - just acknowledge that you are separated from God, and want to be a part of His forever family !  find a Gospel of John - the whole love story between Jesus and you is represented there... if you find the language hard to understand, ask someone for a simpler version !
there is a comment section provided where you can inquire further ...
this blog is also shared on Google + where you can connect with me.
Blessings upon you !!!
______

If you are looking for MORE in your Christian life...  if you feel there is more - and you hunger and thirst for more of God ...  THESE passages may lead you to a deeper commitment, and to the experience Jesus referred to here :

" IF YOU, AS EARTHLY PARENTS,
KNOW HOW TO GIVE GOOD GIFTS TO YOUR CHILDREN,
H O W  M U C H   M O R E
WILL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER
GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
TO THOSE WHO ASK HIM."  Luke 11:13

John 7:38, 39
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:4 ff
Acts 19:1-7
________________________

my intention is not to stir up controversies, or in any way, contest any doctrine that you hold to - but for the one out there, who is truly seeking more - there is a comment section provided where you can enquire further .. this blog is also shared on Google + where you can connect with me.  Blessing upon you !!!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated